Saturday, November 6, 2010

Flower Headband Tutorial

I've been wanting a flower headband as a photography prop for a while but have you seen the prices on these things at the store? $15 for a headband? No way. I perused Hobby Lobby and found a way to make one for about $2.50.


Supplies: Barrettes, Ribbon (I used grosgrain), headband, glue gun, flower (with stem cut off)

Start by gluing a strip of ribbon onto the barrette as seen below:


I started on the inside of the bottom of the clip and folded and glued my way around the barrette until I was at the inside top of the clip.


Hot glue the flower onto the clip.


Clip the flower onto the headband. You could also use the flower as an accessory without the headband if you want.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

CUTENESS! I want one! I saw the little knitted tobogans today with the little flower bows on them. I really want one of those too!

W and Js mommy said...

SWEETNESS for SOPHIE!!!!