Sunday, July 4, 2010

5k Day!!!!

5k day was in May but I didn't want to forget to record it. The day of the race I was actually kind of nervous which is funny because I ran 3.1 miles at least 5 times before that day. It was overcast and cool and started to rain in the first mile which was kind of gross but at least it stopped. Steven ran with me the whole time even though he didn't train (and could hardly move the next day) and I was very thankful because there were times where I wanted to quit.

We completed the race in 38 min and 42 seconds!





Friends from church


My running buddy Catherine


My dad even showed up to cheer us on and watch us run across the finish line.

So am I still running? Of course!

Before you start leaving crazy comments:
1. My doctor said it's fine to keep running as long as I feel comfortable so I take it one day at a time.
2. I run at 6:15 am before the sun is fully up and it's still cool.
3. Running will not cause birth defects or cause a miscarriage (people like to tell you horrible things like that when you're pregnant...really, it's quite comforting...NOT...if you're that person that tells horror stories to pregnant women...STOP being a fear monger!)

I am running 2 miles three times a week. My goal now is to beat my 2 mile time. Today was my best 2 mile time at 24 min and 31 seconds.

And now Steven's training for a triathlon! He just started today and will complete it Sept. 25th!

2 comments:

thesandifers said...

Way to go, Michelle! Exercise is great for you and baby!

KLee said...

Congrats!!