Thursday, August 19, 2010

24 Week Update

How far along? 24 Weeks

Belly Button in or out: In

Wedding rings on or off: On

Food cravings: Chocolate and Cheese...but not together.

Food aversions: None

How I feel physically: My brain has turned to mush. The other day after my run I tried to unlock the house with my car clicker.

Energy level and sleep: I have midday slumps. I almost fell asleep at my desk yesterday.

Weight gain, to date: 9 lbs.

Mood: Steven says it's "intense." I think I have less of a filter because my brain is too tired to think before I speak.

Size of baby: 1 foot long, about the length of an ear of corn.

Changes of baby: Her brain is growing quickly now, and her taste buds are continuing to develop. Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help her air sacs inflate once she hits the outside world. Her skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

No comments: