After seeing some really cool sewing projects online I decided I wanted to give it a try again.
I started with this apron for my SIL, Emerald, for Christmas.

Then, I got really ambitious and decided to make some curtains for our bathroom. I borrowed a pattern from a friend and made the curtain below. It took about 4 whole days to get the hang of the reading a pattern, cutting everything out, and sewing it all together.

Then after much inspiration from The Nester, I made this curtain for the shelves (which I meant to blog about months ago but my Papa and I built shelves in the nooks in our bathrooms. I'll put up some pictures sometime about that)

I have lots of other ideas that I want to work on soon like a valance for the kitchen window and a cushion for the chest in our bedroom. It wasn't too difficult to remember how to sew and it's been lots of fun!


4 comments:
michelle, that's awesome! i love the fabric you used in your bathroom! kendra and i have really had fun sewing lately, too. you'll have to come to one of our "sew get togethers" sometime.
I too love that curtain fabric! Yes, you will have to join the sewing fun!
Those are beautiful, Michelle! James got me a sewing machine last year for Mother's Day and I still haven't learned how to really use it. They have sewing classes at Southwestern, so I'm hoping that maybe we'll be able to afford those after the first year. I can't see what else you make- make sure you post pictures! Love you!
so fun! or rather, sew fun :D Sorry I had to!
Post a Comment