Several friends have done these baby updates throughout their pregnancy and I really like the idea so I am going to give it a try. Hopefully it will help me remember what was going on when I look back at it. The questions may change but they may stay the same. Some don't apply yet but will in the future. I'll do it on Mondays because that's the first day of our pregnancy week.
How far along? 14 weeks today, 2nd trimester...whoo hoo!
Belly Button in or out: In
Wedding rings on or off: On
Food cravings: Fruit, chocolate, and anything I don't have to cook myself.
Food aversions: Nothing in particular that's new. There are things I don't want to eat because of over exposure like bacon (cooked 8 lbs of it for work when I was first pregnant) and shrimp (ate a ton in a week because the freezer got left open and we had to eat it fast).
How I feel physically: Pretty good. I was only nauseous once or twice a week around weeks 9-12 and it was always at night but I haven't had that in about a week. I find my lower back hurts on the days I run but that could have nothing to do with pregnancy.
Energy level and sleep: T-I-R-E-D. Steven often asks me if I am going to bed at 7 pm again and those napless days are tough. I can usually sleep through the night but I toss and turn after 5 am.
Weight gain: I've actually lost 3 lbs unintentionally (I think it's the running).
Mood: Varied but intense. For example, if a commercial used to make me sad now it makes me cry and things that used to just bug me now make me flat out angry. However, most days I am pretty upbeat and in a good mood. At least I think so. Maybe you should ask Steven. Edit: Steven said, "Sometimes your snappy...snappy like pappy" (with a funny little dance). Interesting.
Size of baby: The size of a lemon.
Changes of baby: Can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his thumb! Thanks to brain impulses, his facial muscles are getting a workout as his tiny features form one expression after another.
What people are saying: How long until you find out what you're having? Oh wait...are you finding out what you're having? Yes, we're finding out what we're having in 6 more weeks at the end of July! If it's a boy his name will be Andrew (still working on a middle name) and if it's a girl her name will be Sophie Lane.
Next appointment: 2 weeks
Sunday, June 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Yes....I LOVE the updates!!! No really. I LOVE this post!! From now on, I will check every Monday for my Meechelle's baby updates!!! Question: When you cry, do you still laugh also??!?! :)
I LOVE THE NAMES!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM!!! Perfect!
Fun post
PS what if they were wrong and you get to use both of those names=TWINS??????
Corletta, Yes, I still laugh and cry at the same time...sometimes. Beth, well I guess we'll find that out in 5.5 weeks.
Aw, how exciting! That would have to weird me out just a little bit to have a lemon sized baby peeing inside of me, lol!!
Looking forward to more updates...
Post a Comment