I finished week 9 of Couch to 5k this week! I am very pleased to say that I've run the 3.1 miles twice now without walking AT ALL!!!!
I've actually run it 3 times but I walked some the first time I ran it at Furman because there is a killer hill in the mile 2 part of their trail.
On the completely flat Swamp Rabbit trail in TR it took me 39.36 min to run 3.2 miles and on the hilly Furman trail it took me 40.42 min to run 3.1 miles today.
It amazes me to think that 9 weeks ago I couldn't run for 1 minute. Just 5 weeks ago Steven went running with me and I thought I would die during the three 5 minute intervals. I will admit, when I started I was very skeptical about my ability to survive this 9 weeks but it's done!!!
And what's most exciting is that I've been running for two. I feel when I keep pushing on that sweet pea is in there running along and cheering me on.
Things I've learned about myself in this process:
1. I will never exercise just for fun. I need accountability and goals. I am so thankful for my friend Catherine who meets me to run twice a week. We've done this together from the beginning and I couldn't have done it without her.
2. My body is stronger than I thought it was. There's times when I want to quit and I remind myself that I've done this before and I will survive.
The 5k is on Saturday and I am so excited!
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Michelle, that is awesome! I read about the Couch to 5K on your blog a few weeks ago and it inspired me. Brandon and I are now on week 4. Yesterday I got the podcast and it is helpful too. I am scared about then end of next week...20 minutes! Keep up the good work...pretty soon you will need to invest in a jogging stroller :)
I LOVED this post!!! Michelle, I am so proud of you; you have no idea! You're right; not only are you running, so is your sweet BABY!!! AWAAAHWHWHW...(that was my excited scream). Now, about the cheeseburgers, we gotta get together and not only EAT, but also have a heart to heart. I love you and miss you! Hey...you free on Friday?
WHOO HOO! I am so proud of us. I truly could not have done this without you either. I completely agree with what you have learned about yourself. I feel exactly the same way. Oh, and I still hate to sweat.
It appears that we both know Corletta Cooper! Loved your post on Today's Housewife today! Great info for savings.
My husband and I worked with her at Snowbird Wilderness Outfitters for a couple of summers. Tell her I said hello!
Number two is SO true...your body can do a bit more with each workout, and you don't realize your full potential until you are left with no choice but to push yourself to the finish line. Your pregnancy will thank you for it too!!
My daughter just started week 9, I know how hard it was for her to get here, congrats on finishing week 9. It is quite an achievement!
Post a Comment