We moved from Alabama to Greenville one year ago today. It's so hard to believe that it's been a whole year! We love living here again. It's wonderful to be near our families and see them all the time. And we have found the best church home at Edwards Rd Baptist. We absolutely love our Bible Fellowship Group. Just today 3 of the guys stayed after Bible study to help Steven serve one of our neighbors. And while Steven was mowing our yard I looked out and a random neighbor that I had never met was helping him mow our lawn just because he didn't want him to get dehydrated. Isn't that the nicest thing ever!
I will say there are 4 things that I miss about Auburn and you may laugh at the last 3:
1. We do often miss the youth group at Lakeview. Those kids are so great! And of course our Sunday school class and some friends from the church too. I miss my buddy Pamela and my office mate Joan.
2. Mix 96.7, The best of yesterday, today and tomorrow. I really grew to love that radio station and in Greenville it seems that the top 40 stations play WAY too much shady rap for my liking.
3. Kroger. While we lived in Auburn a brand new Kroger opened and it was so clean and nice and they mailed us the BEST coupons. Although, Publix might be winning my affections here in Greenville...if they would just mail out some coupons they'd win me over for good.
4. Getting from one side of town to the other in 5-10 minutes. At home it takes any where from 20-40 minutes to get from our families homes or to work.
Life in general in Greenville is very different than Auburn. Here it seems we always have something to do and in Auburn we had lots of "us" time. Now we have to make a conscience effort to spend time alone with each other. I am not complaining though because it's nice to be surrounded by people that love us and want to spend time with us.
I am excited to see what will happen in our 2nd year in Greenville!
Saturday, August 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I really like Kroger too...we had them in Atlanta :)
And of course I love Auburn!!! :)
ohhhh I hope your 2nd year brings lots of surprises! :) I love having you back...although you were my cubbie mate again!
Post a Comment