Monday, July 6, 2009

Vacation all I've ever wanted...

Wow, has it really been a month since I've updated. I don't know where the time has gone. Probably somewhere between feverishly painting the kitchen the week before we left for vacation and trying to pack at the same time. Right now we're in Cape Cod, Massachusetts. Steven is here for a class at the Cape Cod Institute. He only has class from 9-12 and we can sight see the rest of the day. I wish I'd brought my transfer chord for the camera so I could show you some wonderful pictures but I will add them when I get home.

We started in Boston on Friday and stayed there until Saturday for the fireworks, which were amazing. We got to the park where the fireworks took place at 2 and hung out on a blanket reading books. The weather was just right, sunny but not too warm with a constant breeze. We could never have sat outside for nine hours in the south without a sunburn but here it's quite pleasant.

Yesterday we took 2 lighthouse tours. Today we visited a lavender farm and took a tour of the Nauset Marsh Trail and Salt Pond. We even saw the first place that the pilgrims saw on their journey to America. It's a really interesting place. However, very different than any beach area in SC. There's more hiking, biking, and nature trails than swimming and sunbathing. They told us that the water was 53 degrees today--and it was sunny! No way am I going in that water.

Steven just finished grilling dinner so I will update more later. And when I get home I will tell you about the zucchini as long as my arm that I found in the garden and our newly green kitchen.

Hope y'all had a happy 4th of July!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy the stuffed mushrooms.