In my excitement I probably picked the peppers a little too early but I read that they'll ripen a little even after being picked. I can't wait to eat the zucchini for dinner tonight!
On an annoying note, I seem to have squash bugs. Does anyone know an organic way to get rid of them?


5 comments:
Ooh! Those are beautiful! Have fun eating!
Hahaha I can't believe you said organic way of killing them.
UM do I get to get any veggies out of that garden?? I mean I am your favorite cubical sharer in the world!!!
WOW! Congrats on your green thumb! How did it taste?
ran across your blog through some of my other blog friends. I went to college with Steven at CIU- we taught bible clubs together. So you have squash bugs?
Well i have squash in my garden too and i found a recipe for organic pesticide. All it is a quart of water, a few drops of soap (not detergent) - i used Tom's organic soap. And a TBl. spn. of canola oil. Mix it well and spray on your vegetables and their leaves.
Spray them down right before dark so they can dry - otherwise the sun might burn the leaves.
hope that works!
-Dana
Post a Comment