Thursday, May 19, 2011

Through the storm, I am held

I've been studying Isaiah for the past year through BSF and one of the last weeks the study posed the question,

"Why is it important to remember God's love and faithfulness to you personally?"

I need to remember His love and faithfulness to me personally for the days when I don't feel it.

Sometimes in daily circumstances I have to remind myself that God has never failed to be faithful.

When we moved to Auburn and I was worried about finding a job I constantly reminded myself that He's has never failed to provide in the past. And He didn't fail to provide a job. When Steven didn't get into grad school and we didn't know what was next God provided a job for us to come back to Greenville. He has always proven faithful.

Little did I know when I answered that question over a month ago that God was preparing me to be in a place where I would daily have to remind myself that God has never failed to provide for us.

Steven found out that he's being transitioned out of his position at work. He'll have a job through August in order to help the new person they bring into his job. He's now looking for a new job and we don't know what that means.

We're thankful that he has a few months to find a new job and wasn't let go immediately.

The day we found out our neighbor kids showed up at our door with a pack of diapers, an outfit for Sophie and a toy. They have no idea what happened that day but God used them to remind me that He hadn't forgotten us, that He has a plan.

So how are we?

We're ok. I've cried and gotten angry and I think I am to the point where I am getting over it now. Steven is at peace that God's will has been done as work has been very stressful the past few months. We're trusting God to provide.

We do ask that you'd pray for us to have wisdom and know God's new direction for us.

When peace like a river attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll,
Whatever my lot, thou has taught me to say, it is well, it is well with my soul

It is well, It is well, through the storm, I am held. It is well, it is well, with my soul.

2 comments:

The Halbert Family said...

We'll certainly be praying for y'all! Let us know if there is anything we can do.

About Our Family said...

We'll be praying for you guys, Michelle! I know it's so hard, but I also know God will take care of you. It's easy to say when I'm not in your position though, huh? I miss you.... Got your envelope in the mail today- thanks a bunch. I love you!