Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Trade You Tuesday


Whitney Caroline Designs is hosting a Trade You Tuesday. You can trade your crock pot recipes in exchange for 10% off coupon to use at her fabulous shop and a chance to win another great gift.

My favorite Crock Pot meal won 3rd place at Steven's Auburn English Dept Chili Cook off, which I think is pretty cool because it was the first time I made it.

Crock Pot Chili
-2 lbs ground chuck
-1 bell pepper, chopped
-1 cup copped onion
-2-3 ribs of celery, chopped
-1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
-1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
-2 cans kidney beans
-1/2 cup of Worcestershire sauce
-1 packet of Caroll Shelby's chili seasoning (its usually with the gravy mixes but if your store doesn't have it you could use any chili seasoning packet)

-Brown ground chuck
-Chop vegetables
-Mix everything together and cook in the Crock Pot on low for 7-8 hours or until vegetables are not crunchy anymore. (I did it for 4 hours on high once and the vegetables were too crunchy)

I made this in my 6.5 quart crock pot but I've doubled this recipe in that pot before too so you could use a smaller one if you need to.

4 comments:

The Charmed Life Online said...

This sounds good...I need to try it. Chili is one my favorite dishes, but I didn't have a slow cooker recipe for it, until now!

Whitney Caroline Designs said...

Hi Michelle! Thanks so much for adding your recipe! I'm impressed that it's award winning! If you don't mind sending me an email, I will send a reply with your coupon code.

Thanks again!

Kim said...

Thanks for the tip! I linked to your blog with the update! Please feel free to share more! I'm the first of my group of friends to really get into couponing. I can't go anywhere without people asking me questions. That blog is the answer for my friends... trying to help them learn the ropes to all those awesome deal blogers out there :) But I'm still learning too!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the chili recipe. I can't wait to try it!