Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A new do or maybe just back to the old

I straightened my hair for Rebecca's wedding and afterward I asked Steven to measure it and we discovered that it was 16 inches long when straight. That led me to start considering cutting it and making a donation to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths.

A few weeks later, someone Steven works with passed along a really nice gift certificate for a hair cut so I felt like now was the time. I was so excited to cut it all off for a good cause!

If you've never heard of the program it only requires 8 inches to donate and they use your hair to make wigs for women with cancer. The wigs are also free to the women which I heard somewhere that real hair wig could cost up to $1000. It takes 6 pony tails to make one wig so if you're interested you should look into it!


My hair, cut off in 4 ponytails. It's hard to believe all of that was on my head! The shortest layer cut was 8 inches and the longest was 12 inches.


The new do. I am still getting used to it but I really love it!

3 comments:

ktbaggott said...

Yay Michelle, My sister and I did this last year. I did not have nearly as much hair as you do so I sent in my one ponytail. It was fun though. I had someone come into my classroom and cut it in front of my students. I think they thought I was crazy! Beautiful Lengths is a great organization. Congratulations. You new do looks great!

It's a Mom Thing said...

That is awesome, Michelle. What a blessing for the women that will receive new hair. And I think your new "do" looks great! You have great hair whether it is long or short.

KLee said...

You do have great hair! Super cute!