Sunday, December 13, 2009

Saving Money

I promise I am not going to start photographing my grocery trip every week but this week I saved a lot of money at Publix and was so excited!



I spent 19.58 and saved 67.82 which is a savings of 77.5 percent!

With that 19.58 I got:

2 bags of salad
6 Green Giant vegetable steamers
2 Bertolli pasta sauces
4 Sargento shredded cheese
1 International Delights creamer
2 dozen eggs
2 Vanilla Extract
4 Land O' Lakes Sliced Cheese
2 Chex cereal
1 Hot cocoa
1 Wishbone Dressing
2 Jello Mousse Temptations
2 Simply Potatoes
1 Revlon Nail Clipper

With coupons the clippers, jello, eggs, and creamer were free. The cocoa was 1 cent and the steamer vegetables were .20 cents each. I had some rain checks from the sale 2 weeks ago that helped in the saving process too.

How did I do it?
www.SouthernSavers.com

Jenny matches the coupons with each weeks sales. She is wonderful. And if you want to get started she just uploaded some tutorials on the website that are very helpful in understanding how to get started.

You can do it too, trust me. You might get addicted once you start.

I also like to check out www.CouponCravings.com and www.Fiddledeedeemom.com to find out about great deals, samples and freebies.

And you may ask...where in the world will I keep that much cheese and the answer is in my really fun and cool (literally) chest freezer that we got the day after Thanksgiving! LOVE IT! I couldn't handle the avalanche coming out of our normal fridge so we upgraded and my sweet Steven installed new shelves above it to help keep things organized in the laundry room. I can't wait to show you pictures! Isn't it funny what adults get excited about. Haha!

1 comment:

w and js mommy said...

Well I for one am very impressed and proud of you!!!