Friday, September 18, 2009
Chirp....
I'm sure there's a system for changing smoke detector batteries but I'm doing good to test them every once and while. For some reason the batteries in our smoke detectors always decide to let us know that they are dying in the middle of the night. They tend to chirp hourly so just when you get back to sleep...CHIRP! Last night the one that talks decided it's battery was low at 12:30. Steven got up and I thought he was taking care of it but he just walked through the house to make sure everything was ok because he didn't know what was going on. An hour later, I was having a weird dream about someone breaking into the office at work to steal dirty laundry when I hear something about raiding the kitchen and realize that it was going off again. It actually said, Warning Smoke in Kitchen but there wasn't any smoke just a dying battery. It was a crazy way to wake up in the middle of the night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
a talking dying smoke detector?? crazy that would make me freak out in the night!
Thank goodness it was just the smoke detector. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment.
Warmly,
Bernie
I have heard that you change the smoke detector battery when you change the clock back in spring and fall
You know, I only recently learned that smoke detectors have a shelf life. And yes, I have been awoken in the middle of the night by the dreaded *CHIRP*, too. :)
Thanks for the comment on my blog. I'm just getting on my feet and appreciate your stopping in and leaving a note!
Post a Comment